Sunday 31 March 2013

The Mad Crab 70th. Birthday Party

The day after the Marathon, I was 70. We had booked a table for 12 at El Cangrejo Loco some weeks before. The restaurant is situated in the Olympic port of Barcelona and has excellent views over the sea, harbour and city. Before going into the restaurant and while people were assembling, we drank cava and had tapas outside on the terrace. 
 



There were, in fact, two birthday boys celebrating on this occasion - myself and Graham, who has the same birthday as me, but is considerably younger.



Afterwards we moved into the restaurant for a splendid lunch with "sufficient" wine and liqueurs, our own waiter and at what seemed a very reasonable price.





Here I am having an apparently scary conversation with Thomas while determinedly gripping my brandy.

We can enthusiastically recommend the restaurant although what it would be like in the summer we can't say.

No comments: