Wednesday 30 July 2008

Please let it not be true!

Many months ago (I tried looking for the Post, but couldn't find it) I expressed the fear that I was becoming allergic to draught bitter. Unlikely you would think, after years of inoculation, bravely borne. But the odd thing was that over the years it seemed (but I couldn't prove) that I never appeared to have the allergies abroad that I suffered at home. Last year, in China, the stomach upset I had had for some months disappeared and then reappeared after returning to UK. Then, two weeks ago, when we were paying a hurried trip to Britain to sort out phones, teeth etc., I got a sudden and severe attack of allergy - this after a purposeful daily intake of bitter. When we left the country it cleared. It can't be alcohol as we are assiduously self-administering that in other forms.

Please let it not be true!

No comments: