Wednesday 18 June 2008

New and Bad News


Our London farewell party was the same day as elections in Zimbabwe.
Laurence came to our party.
A month later he was arrested in Zimbabwe on the false pretext that he was a British spy working for white farmers in Zimbabwe. After an very unpleasant experience that he survived with fortitude, he was released.

It is almost time for the ‘run-off’ election on 28th June. Mugabe will use the army or be used by the army to hold onto power. The result will be a disaster for Zimbabwe and the Southern African region. I wait anxiously for the outcome but expect the worst for my sister and my friends there. It is much on my mind.
These photos are from the visit John and I made to Zimbabwe in 2005 when we stayed at Laurence’s Chizarira Game Lodge and visited the park.

No comments: