Saturday 3 August 2013

MY, BUT IT WAS HOT!

As you may know, I am not much of a walker - except when I am "running" paradoxically enough. However, this year I took part in my second organised walk. I walked into it backwards, so to speak.

I had been asked to help with the inscriptions for the meal which was to follow the walk and fishing contest which take place every summer in the village. I cycled up to the village hall and my general plan was to go home straight afterwards. Cowardice and a feeling of "What the Hell" meant that I allowed myself to be drawn into the walk itself.

Here are Pierre, the walk organiser, and me walking at speed and in step not far into the walk.




Here are the rest of the walkers.


Here's the fishing contest.


And here's the meal. I'd been home to collect Ruth by this time.



Apparently this July was the hottest on record.

No comments: