Friday 17 May 2013

HAPPY JANUARY!

Yes! I am looking forward to a relaxed and tension-free January 2014. For not only have I completed both our French Income Tax declarations for 2012, which were due in by 27th. May and which in the two previous years we had completed by accountants, but I have today posted off my UK Income Tax Declaration for FY 2012/13. The latter is only due in, in paper form, at the end of October or online by 31st. January. So, for once in my life, I shan't be faced with a panic to meet the year-end deadline which I have every year and the performance with being levied with a penalty and then appealing against it. The threat of what is to follow immediately after Christmas is lifted.

I feel this merits some sort of celebration. Any ideas?

8/6/13 HOLD the Celebration. HMRC have sent back the Return because no Foreign section was included and which the Notes said I didn't have to do. Well, it's raining today so, instead of finishing off the lawnmowing I shall complete the bloody Foreign section - the work of a moment - and send it back to them.

OK. You've another couple of weeks to think up celebratory ideas.

No comments: