Thursday 2 October 2008

FOOTNOTES - STEPPING-UP IN KORCHULA AND ADAM AND EVE SQUATTING IN EDEN


I was looking for monsters in stone carvings to give me ideas for my next exhibition. I was curious about the reason for the damage to this post.


The archway of the cathedral is decorated with unusual carvings of Adam and Eve. This is Eve squatting to display her genitals.


Likewise Adam squats and displays his genitals. Both Adam and Eve look immensely pleased with themselves.


The archway of the cathedral.








There are always steps to climb in old places.

1 comment:

Chimera said...

I presume a pagan connection? there is a celtic goddess a very ancient crazy hag like goddess isn't there who signifies 'opening' who squats and opens her genitals..I shall try and remember her name. whoohoo that was bit spooky! Went to check my 'goddesss cards'. They were in a drawer I have not opened in 6 months and there she was ..Sheila Na Gig with her head as the moon and vines growing from her vagina! Blimey!