Sunday 3 August 2008

WILD CREATURE IN THE VOSGES MOUNTAINS OF FRANCE


As we drove through the Vosges Mountains on our way to Slovenia we almost hit this creature. I gasped because it was so close to the front left wheel and it looked so strange. I did my best to record what I saw and we have looked on the internet but haven't found any convincing or likely animal that it might be.

Any ideas anyone?

The road was deeply shadowed and I can't be sure of the colour or the length of its legs.
Might it be a Pine Marten?
I am sure the colour was grey not brown but the dark muzzle was definite. It had something rather monkeyish about it. It wasn't moving fast and turned its head to look at us in a not cat-like way.

1 comment:

Chimera said...

Lovely sketch mum,
\looks like pine martin to me but as you in narnia you should just ask it.
Love
T xxxx