Tuesday 11 March 2008

I am dog!




I have just listened to and enjoyed 'Two Caravans' by Marina Lewycka. It is read by Sian Thomas and she voices the character of the Dog really well. That partly explains my last post as the Dog character refers to the caravans as a Wheelythings. I was amused by the connections especially as John and I had just watched Lasse Hallestrom's film 'My life as a Dog' set in 1957 Sweden at the time of Laika the Space Dog.

'Two Caravans' was the choice of my village Book Club which has given me real pleasure over the last two years.

I asked them to recommend some books for us to take in the Campervan - sorry in the Laika - so why don't you recommend something too? We have weight and space limitations obviously.

I have decided to read poetry as poetry books all seem to be small and light. We will have the Bible, the Koran, and Shakespeare of course . . .

We have to have guide books and motorhome manuals and I am sneaking in a cookbook or two.

The recommendations from the Book Club centred on books about the Balkans - or maybe that is what we are quite interested in anyway. John has visited Roumania - my visit to Bulgaria took place in 1968 - a long time ago!

No comments: