Wednesday 26 March 2008

At last







So here are the pictures of the Van! We would like you all to actually visit it but that is impossible to arrange. More images will appear from time to time.




  • The first is John and me in Vanomobil.
  • Next John finding out how the second bed works.
  • Then the Van in Wevelgem.
  • John the driver.
  • And last the Laika logo.
John and I were very lucky - Dick, accompanied by Doug, generously drove us all the way to Vanomobil in Wevelgem in Belgium where necessary financial exchanges had been made and Christian was busy seeing that all was was in order!
We set off home in convoy before sunset and hadn't gone too far before we discovered that a fuse had blown and the heating was off on the passenger side. It was a very cold journey but it was exciting and felt great to have the Van back home and the be able to start the real work!!

1 comment:

Dick and Hev said...

Well, I set off from Wevelgem with Doug, to lead the Magic Bus home. I thought it would help harmony within the Magic Bus if Ruth did not have to navigate John home as he drove an unfamiliar (and rather large) left hand drive vehicle. To my astonishment, after just a very few miles, the Magic Bus was looming very large in my rear view mirror and I discovered that he was banging along at close to 80, yes dear reader, 80 miles per hour. I have a 2.5 diesel Volvo estate. He has a 2.8 diesel, 3 tonne camper van. He's bonkers. They'll have done the whole trip in 8 months!